Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

My Lasik procedure in Dubai

YES I already did it, I had my Lasik procedure last April here in Dubai and from my experience I can definitely say it's very worth it! I have worn glasses for almost 6 years though compared to others you can say I am still newbie in wearing one but life can be pretty difficult at times. I didn't consider wearing contact lenses because it required so much effort to wear and I need a custom made ones due to one of my eyes has a very high astigmatism.

It all began last year when I saw Kris Fade made this video of his Lasik experience and how it changed his life. I also had a friend that have done it and loved the results. I gave good thought about it and realized, I need to do it as well. But prices of Lasik procedures here in Dubai is very expensive, it's like triple than the procedure cost in the Philippines. Since the price here is very expensive and may not have the time do it locally, I decided that I'll just have it when I am on vacation in the Philippines. But I was informed by my friends that they know somebody that got their Lasik procedure here for an affordable price, I tried to searched the internet. After some time spent and a lot of keyword combinations, I saw one promotion.

I saw a promotion made by Atlanta Vision Clinic for their Lasik procedure in one of the discount websites. This was the same clinic where Kris Fade got this Lasik. So I am very much confident that I will be in good hands if I decide to do the procedure here. I've thought about it and weighed the pros and cons and in the end, I went ahead with it here mainly because of the after-procedure check-ups which I cannot do if I did it in the Philippines.

I went to their clinic, got my eyes check if I am eligible for the Lasik procedure. My doctor was Dr. Huda Radhi. She was very warm and informed me very well about the procedure, the do's and don'ts and encourages me to ask questions that I might have. I am a little nervous at first. Who wouldn't be its my vision were talking about here. But after speaking with Dr. Huda and their staff, I was confident that it will be ok. So after a couple of exams, I was informed that I can do the procedure.

The day of procedure came, feeling mix emotions but I was looking forward in having a clearer vision after. I need to be at the clinic 15 minutes before the procedure to make the preparations. Also, they told me to wear a jacket because the room will be pretty cold. The procedure started and after 15 minutes it was done. At that time, my vision is a bit cloudy but it got better overnight. The procedure went smoothly I didn't feel any pain from the laser itself but you can definitely smell the burning. You can feel pressure from the device they use but it is tolerable. I didn't feel any pain after but there are once in a while itchiness and dryness of my eyes though I already have that prior the Lasik. After the procedure, I needed to keep my eyes closed for 3 hours (I think). Even though your not sleepy, you need to close it to encourage healing of your eyes.

We went home and I felt the greatest feeling yet, TO BE ABLE TO WEAR SUNGLASSES! hahaha. Yes, it is one of the reasons why I got the Lasik besides getting married this year. After the procedure, you need to attend the constant check-ups to monitor the progress. The scheduled check-ups would be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year after the surgery. For me, it's been more than 2 months now, my daily life improved a lot. I am able to see far away distances, read billboards, and everything is very crisp like its been sharpened in Adobe Fireworks, hahaha. From my last eye check-up I can read even the 20/15 line. Impressive. My vision went from 250-350 vision to almost 20-20 again and my eyes are continually healing so there will be a chance it will get better but even just now, I am very happy with the results.

See pictures of my Lasik procedure and some of my friendly tips....



Here are the some photos from my Lasik procedure:


Preparing for Lasik procedure - Dubai
Preparing for the Lasik procedure. :D
 
After Lasik procedure - Dubai
After the procedure, on our way back home.

I was advised to always wear sunglasses whenever I am outside to protect my eyes from direct sunlight and dusts.
Lasik procedure - sleeping routine
Sunglasses while sleeping :D
I wore sunglasses (others use special goggles but I can't find them here in Dubai) when I sleep for 2 weeks after the surgery. Just my own precautions not to rub my eyes when I'm asleep. Better safe than sorry. 


I would like to show my appreciation to the people who are behind my successful procedure, ATLANTA VISION CLINIC for making sure that everything will be ok and constantly informing me and assuring me that everything's fine. Thank you Dr. Huda Radhi and their accommodating staff from the nurses to receptionists who are ready to help me as well. Its been a great experience and you are a big part of the huge change and improvement in my way of living. Thank you very much...

My simple advise for those who are thinking of having the Lasik procedure. This is based from my experience and it maybe different from your point of view.

  • Do your research and be informed. Search online, ask your friends or others who had Lasik. There's no harm in asking. I myself read blogs, articles, testimonials and I even watched videos of the Lasik procedures of other people. Also, the testimonials of the people who didn't get the results that they'd hope for.  For me, I wanted to know what are the things that will be done during the procedure, what are the risks and what needed to be done after the procedure.
  • Weigh in the Pros and Cons. Note that the result of the Lasik procedure will vary for each person. Its like the healing for person A will take 3 months but for person B will take 6 months or more. Everything in life has risks and its better to know if doing it will have more benefits than not. Compare the advantages and disadvantages, only you will know what would be the right decision.
  • Find a reputable doctor or clinic that will do the procedure. You need to make sure that the clinic you are in is licensed and has done it multiple times. It's better to ask friends or somebody who has done it from that clinic and ask the results of their procedure. Good thing for me, I found Atlanta Vision Clinic. For inquiries, you can check the details below.
Atlanta Vision Clinic
+971-04-348-6233
  • Do what the doctor tells you. After the Lasik procedure, its up to you to take care of your eyes. You need to follow what the doctor say or else you won't desire the outcome. The medicine is one of the things to have your attention to. You need to put the drops as scheduled and no skipping. What I did is that I put alarms in my phone to know when I need to put the drops. There are also things you won't be able to do for a certain time after surgery like swimming, having eye make-up and rubbing your eyes. You will be able to sacrifice those things if you want the rest of your life to be eyeglasses-free. Lucky for me, I did it here in Dubai if not I won't be able to wear make-up in my wedding day. haha.

Hope my Lasik experience had help you in someways deciding if you will have the Lasik procedure or not. Always remember, you should know what you want and how it can affect your life, pray for guidance because in the end, it's your body (eyes) and nobody will understand it better than you.

1 comment:

  1. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing this: Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete